Audi Type E1911 - 1924
The Audi Type E was a passenger car introduced by Audi in 1913. It was the largest pre-war car from Audi.
The vehicle had a four-cylinder two-block in-line engine with 5,699 cc of displacement. It developed over a four-speed countershaft gearbox and a propeller shaft, which drove the rear wheels. The claimed maximum output was 55 PS (40 kW; 54 hp) at 1650 or 1750 rpm, supporting a top speed of 90 km/h (56 mph). The foot brake operated via a mechanical linkage on the drive shaft.
The car had a ladder frame and two leaf-sprung solid axles. It was available with various closed, semi-closed and open topped "Touring car" bodies, including a Laundaulet (with a large enclosed passenger compartment at the back and a semi-open front bench for the chauffeur and a front passenger) by the coach-builder Deissner of Köthen.
350 Type Es were produced.
|Engine||4 Cylinder, 4 Stroke|
|Bore x Stroke||110 mm x 150 mm (5.9 in)|
|Power||55 PS (40 kW; 54 hp)|
|Top Speed||75 km/h (47 mph)|
|Empty Weight||1,225 kg (2,701 lb) (Chassis)|
|Wheelbase||3,320 mm (130.7 in)|
|Track Front/Rear||1,400 mm (55.1 in)/1,400 mm (55.1 in)|
|Audi Type E|
|1280 x 960 ... 208 KB|